Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Prescription refills

Brooklyn's therapy clinic requires a weeks notice to refill prescriptions. Because she's on Adderall we have to pick up a paper prescription every month. There's no calling in a refill or faxing in a prescription from the doctor's office. Nope, they need a hard copy each and every month. Which is fine. I mean, picking up a prescription once a month is MUCH easier than the weekly and bi-weekly appointments we already have going on.

So, last Monday I called the therapy clinic to order a new prescription. Amazingly enough the doctor was able to write it that day and they mailed it out to me, I got it the next day. So, here I am on Tuesday with a prescription that can't even be filled until the following Monday. I seriously SHOULD have just taken it to the pharmacy that day and just waited to pick it up until the following Monday. But no, I thought I'd be smart and just wait until the weekend to get it done. The prescription was placed on my desk (which is NOT organized in the slightest). Fast forward to Sunday and the inability to FIND the prescription. And this is when I remembered that Alayna helped clean up and most likely threw away the prescription.

She feels bad, even though it totally was NOT her fault. The only person responsible is me. So, I totally feel like an idiot. I screwed up. I go to call the therapy clinic yesterday and it's closed for the holiday. So, I called her pediatrician in the hopes that maybe they could help us out... Nope, they're closed too. I finally get in touch with the secretary of the psychiatrist at the therapy clinic, she says she's going to get the note to the doctor and she'll call me back. Except, her tone... seriously judgmental.

First off, unless you've lived my life, DO NOT judge me. I'm not perfect, mistakes will be made, I'm only human. I've had extra kids ALL weekend. Friday and Saturday from 1pm ish to after midnight I had my niece and nephew. Sunday I have them from about 1ish until around 6ish. I had the kids' cousin over all weekend from Friday evening until later today. It's been a bit insane. I'm sorry I'm not a perfect parent capable of doing all things perfectly without any mistakes. I am SO NOT that person.

The only plus side to all of this is that we have to go to the therapy clinic today for Alayna's intake appointment. So, we're already going to be there this afternoon. Oh, and we get to go back tomorrow afternoon for Brooklyn's appointment.

And, on top of all of that, tomorrow is the first day of school!! Aiden and Alayna are the only ones going to school tomorrow. This week Brooklyn only goes to one half day on Thursday. And Thursday morning is also Alayna's doctor's appointment with our pediatrician. There is a LIST of things we need accomplished with that appointment; PT eval referral, OT eval referral, SLP eval referral, thyroid panel done, endocrinologist referral, geneticist referral, eye doctor referral, and a full developmental assessment referral.

Go ahead, do the math, figure out how many weekly and bi-weekly appointments that means for the Ryder family. Well, technically it depends on which services Alayna qualifies for, but worst case scenario we're talking 2 weekly/bi-weekly appointments for Brooklyn and 4 weekly/bi-weekly appointments for Alayna. Add in monthly doctors appointments for Brooklyn for medication management and every 6 month appointments for the dentist for all 4 kids and every 6 months for Alayna's eye check... Yea.

Busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment