Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Different Girl- What Aspergers Syndrome Means to Me - YouTube

A Different Girl- What Aspergers Syndrome Means to Me - YouTube:


Listen to this girl who describes her own issues with her own diagnosis with Asperger's syndrome. This is hard to use as an example of symptoms of Brooklyn. If you know my family and have met Alayna, however, you can see some of the randomness, body language, vocal rhythms and overall communications processes she uses. That's both concerning and somewhat relieving because, with her diagnosis of Peter's Plus, there are diagnosed developmental delays but no one can tell us what set of delays are present. While I am not suggesting Alayna has Asperger's Syndrome, I do think the autism spectrum is appropriate, now more than ever.

I would like to see this as Brooklyn gets older to see if she produces this level of both intelligence and inability to control her actions. It almost reminds me of Tourette Syndrome, but without the tics. In this way, the "tics" are just a jump from one action to another. Like drawing a line and your hand gets shaky so you waver to one side or another.

I can conceptualize things better when hearing them, and I can visualize what I am saying if I can see myself pictures of examples. This is helping a lot. Thank you, YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment