Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another step in the right direction

Well, it's KIND OF a step in the right direction. Brooklyn had originally had testing done for Celiacs disease about a year ago. It came back with one normal and one slightly high (I'm not exactly sure HOW the test breaks down, but that's what we were told). That was right in the middle of behavior modification therapy.

Last week we saw a new doctor about a second opinion, I'm not certain that ADHD is the only thing going on with her. The new doctor ordered a new Celiac's test. Today, we found out that the test came back perfectly normal. While it doesn't give us any specific answers, it rules out gluten intolerance as a cause of the behavior concerns.

Today was a pretty good day, only one minor meltdown. My mom took us, my sister, my nephew, and my aunt out to lunch. Brooklyn couldn't decide where she wanted to sit and then finally picked where she wanted, except that someone was already sitting there. After lots of tears and playing musical chairs she was finally content with her place at the table.

We're still playing phone tag with the insurance company. I have to get pre-approval for therapy at the new location and I have to speak to a specific person. Unfortunately he's never available when I call. Hopefully we can get that figured out soon so that we can get an intake appointment started ASAP. It should help us come fall when she starts Kindergarten and we push for an IEP.

Outside of the one minor meltdown, we did have a couple other fun issues. Bella gave herself a blood nose this morning and refused to listen to ANYTHING I had to say about how to fix it. I'm going to try to get the blood out of her green shirt with hydrogen peroxide, but I think it may be ruined. After about 15-20 minutes we finally got it to stop. Brooklyn has this thing with sticking her fingers in her ears, apparently she had some type of scratch in there because she came to me upset because her ear was bleeding. Thankfully it didn't take nearly as long as the nose bleed to stop. However, at lunch she decided to pick at her ear again and start it back up.

Crossing my fingers and saying some prayers that the insurance guy calls us back tomorrow so that we can get things going to get this therapy started!

No comments:

Post a Comment